We have created several scripts which will convert your cPanel server into CWP.
How does this work?
– First, we export from cPanel all user account details into temporary files so we can later import them into CWP.
– Second, we create backup of cPanel and uninstall it.
– Third, we install CWP, this is the regular CWP installation process.
– Fourth, we import data into CWP from the exported files of the first step.
How safe is this?
– On the first step after the script run, you get information about exported data from the cPanel.
– First script run doesn’t make any changes on the system so you can check and confirm that all is covered.
– User Accounts: All user files in /home/USERNAME are not touched so server accounts are safe.
– MySQL Database: We don’t make any MySQL changes on the databases so your databases are safe.
– MySQL version: currently installed from cPanel is left without any changes.
– User Home Files: nothing is touched except for migration of emails to /var/vmail folder.
– Cronjobs are kept the same.
** It’s always smart to have account backups before starting with the major changes.
– User accounts, domains, subdomains, parked domains
– Email accounts-mailboxes, forwarders-aliases, autoresponders-autoreply
– Hosting packages
– FTP accounts
– SSL Certificates
– Hostname SSL Certificates for (cwp, mail, ftp, webservers)
– All PHP versions (5.3 – 7.3) and we have added handlers of cPanel
– Pipe to program (but we export it to backup file so this can be added later)
– /var/vmail will be the new location for your emails so make sure /var partition has the required size or you can symlink it to /home/vmail
– How login this conversion takes: from 10min to 2h depends on the data and server performances
Download migration scripts
wget dl1.centos-webpanel.com/files/s_scripts/el7/cpanel-converter/1-cpanel-data-export.sh wget dl1.centos-webpanel.com/files/s_scripts/el7/cpanel-converter/2-cpanel-uninstall.sh wget http://centos-webpanel.com/cwp-el7-latest wget dl1.centos-webpanel.com/files/s_scripts/el7/cpanel-converter/4-import-into-cwp.sh
Now run the first script
** Check that all data is listed there before proceeding to the next steep
Install CWP (CentOS 7)
Default installer, bellow you have optional instructions
Optional arguments for installer
–phpfpm [5.3|5.4|5.5|5.6|7.0|7.1|7.2|7.3] (you can use only one)
–softaculous yes (install softaculous – script installer)
Available short name arguments
-p [5.3|5.4|5.5|5.6|7.0|7.1|7.2|7.3] (you can use only one)
-s yes (install softaculous – script installer)
Example for centos 7 (you can combine short and long name arguments)
sh cwp-el7-latest --phpfpm 7.2 --softaculous yes
Import all exported data into CWP
That is it, reboot the server and you are ready!
OTHER NOTES & SUPPORT
This tool is provided at no cost and without warranty.